Business Set-up in Abu Dhabi Mainland
Abu Dhabi, recognized as the economic hub of the UAE, has evolved into a global attraction for entrepreneurs and businesses in recent decades. If you’re contemplating entering the diverse UAE economy, there is no more suitable location to establish your business than in the heart of the UAE’s capital.
Abu Dhabi Mainland offers primarily two types of licenses: professional and commercial. The DED-issued trade license is highly valued due to its numerous advantages, which include:
- Full Foreign Ownership: You have complete control of your business with 100% foreign ownership except few specially regulated activities.
- To operate as a service provider for ADNOC (Abu Dhabi National Oil Company): ADNOC mandates that companies must be registered in the mainland in order to offer their services to the organization.
- Nationwide Business Operations: Your company can operate anywhere within the UAE.
- Office Space Ownership and Rental: You can own or lease office spaces or Virtual Offices in Abu Dhabi Mainland.
- Government Contracts: Your business is eligible to engage with government entities.
- Reduced Nationality Restrictions: Obtaining a trade license is more flexible in terms of nationality requirements.
- Banking Ease: Opening bank accounts, particularly with traditional banks, is more straightforward.
- Scalability: Expanding your business is simplified by adding more visas to your trade license.
Furthermore, it’s important to note that having a physical Office space or a Tenancy contract is not a mandatory requirement for registering a company in Abu Dhabi for some activities.
Our Services includes but not limited to
- Company Formation (License Acquisition, Renewal & Liquidation)
- Start and manage your business in Abu Dhabi with ease. We handle all aspects of company formation, from acquiring licenses to managing renewals and liquidations.
- Visa Services (Acquisition, Renewal, Cancellation)
- Navigating Abu Dhabi visa requirements can be complex. Let us streamline the process for you, from visa acquisition to renewals and cancellations.
- ADNOC & SPC Registration
- To collaborate directly with the government in the Oil and Gas sector, register your company with the Abu Dhabi National Oil Company (ADNOC) through the Supreme Petroleum Council.
- Corporate Bank account opening
- Access our expertise in setting up corporate bank accounts tailored to your specific business needs.
- Office Solutions
- Find the ideal office space options including Virtual office ensuring a smooth transition to Abu Dhabi.
- Expatriate Housing Support
- Providing housing solutions for you and your team, facilitating a seamless relocation to Abu Dhabi.
- HR Support (Including Payroll Calculation)
- Simplify your human resources management with our comprehensive HR support services, including payroll calculation.
- Accounting and Tax Services
- Stay compliant and efficient with our accounting and tax services. We handle everything, from bookkeeping to tax filing, meeting with auditors, and introducing accounting software.
- Legal Services
- We have established collaborations with multiple legal professionals specializing in various aspects of UAE law. As a result, we are able to provide expert guidance and consultations on a wide range of legal matters, including but not limited to mergers and acquisitions, share buybacks, premium share valuation, structural advisory, corporate law, freezone regulations, and labor law, among others.
Advantages of a Abu Dhabi Mainland License
- Strategic Location: Abu Dhabi’s strategic location along the Arabian Gulf places it at the crossroads of Europe, Asia, and Africa. This geographical advantage provides easy access to major global markets, making it an ideal hub for energy-related businesses.
- Geographic Freedom: An Abu Dhabi Mainland License empowers businesses with the flexibility to operate across various regions, both within the UAE, in different free zones, and even on an international scale. This flexibility extends to establishing branches in various regions within both the Emirate and the country, providing ample opportunities for growth.
- Enhanced Market Presence: Possessing a DED Mainland License grants the strategic advantage of establishing a physical presence anywhere within the UAE, enabling businesses to expand their footprint by opening branches across the Emirates.
- Abundant Resources: Abu Dhabi is home to some of the world’s largest proven oil reserves, with its oil fields accounting for a significant portion of the UAE’s production. Additionally, the emirate boasts substantial natural gas reserves, making it a hotspot for energy exploration and production.
- Government Collaboration: Companies holding Mainland Licenses can engage in collaborations with governmental bodies. The UAE government often seeks specialized expertise for substantial projects, providing opportunities for Mainland License holders to participate in high-value projects.
- Unrestricted Financial Transactions: Mainland companies in Abu Dhabi or the UAE enjoy a double advantage: they can easily do business with other mainland companies, creating a smooth and profitable trading environment. Plus, Abu Dhabi Mainland License holders can move their money around freely, whether it’s in offshore or onshore bank accounts in the UAE, without any restrictions.
- Visa Flexibility: UAE mainland businesses have the cool advantage of growing their team by getting more visas under their business license, and there’s no strict limit on how many you can get. But here’s the deal: as your business expands, you might need more office space. Don’t worry, though; it’s a manageable and flexible process that depends on how much office space you have and how big your business gets.
- Economical Efficiency: Businesses operating under an Abu Dhabi Mainland License benefit from cost-saving advantages, similar to those enjoyed by Free Zone entities, including tax exemptions. Notably, there is no mandatory minimum capital requirement for establishing a business under an Abu Dhabi Mainland License, making it a financially wise choice for both entrepreneurs and enterprises. Additionally, the licensing costs in Abu Dhabi are notably more affordable compared to other emirates in the UAE.
- Stable Economy: The UAE, including Abu Dhabi, maintains a stable and diversified economy, reducing business risks associated with market volatility. This stability is particularly attractive to investors in the energy sector.
- Profitable Investment Opportunity: The mainland option presents investors with one of the most lucrative and appealing investment choices within the UAE.
- Incorporation: -15-30 Working Days
- Visa: 15-20 Working Days
- Corporate Bank Account: 5-30 Working Days
- The provided timetable is just a rough approximation to provide you with a general sense of what to anticipate.
Delays from the authorities may occur, depending on the season or time of the year, as well as national holidays.
- The length of time it takes will change depending on the specific activity and the type of company.
- The time required for document preparation (such as certification by embassies in Foreign nations and local Arabic translation certification) is not included.
We’ll give you a list of the documents you need based on what kind of business you’re starting, how it’s legally structured, and how many people are part of it. Here’s a general list of documents you should have ready when you’re setting up your business.
Branch or Subsidiary Formation: Please note that it is essential for all the below outlined documents to undergo attestation at both the UAE embassy in the parent company’s country and the UAE Ministry of Foreign Affairs. Furthermore, it’s crucial that the documents are translated into Arabic by qualified legal translators.
- Certificate of all historical matters (certified original of register)/Incorporation Certificate
- Articles of Association/ Memorandum of Association
- Minutes of the board of directors meeting (Resolution of incorporation & Appointment of incorporation agent/Manager)
- 3 – 6 months’ bank statements of shareholders.
- A copy of the passport for each shareholder is required.
- Power of Attorney (if local partner is involved)
- Visa Page or Unified Identification Number
- Passport Copy and Emirates ID/UID Number of the Manager
- Banking Documents
*The necessary documents can differ based on the specific business activity and the type of license you are applying for.
Ready for expert guidance? Don’t hesitate! Secure your free consultation by submitting your details below. Let’s transform your business together.